Thursday, July 16, 2009

my FIRST haircut!!!

Bentley was born needing a hair cut. The little boy seriously had so much hair, red hair, that he was a show stopper everywhere he went. I loved his signature european shag doo...but we figured it was time to trim it up when it kept getting in his eyes and prohibiting him from seeing clearly! I guess you could call it a bittersweet experience. Our little boy is growing up and gets haircuts now. How crazy is that?!
As you can tell in this picture, Bentley was a little unsure about the whole thing. We first tried cutting his hair on the counter...but he was way to squirmy. So Taylor had the brilliant idea of doing it while he was taking his bath. I think Bentley was secretly sad to see his shaggy hair go.

He is such a funny little boy and is coming into his own unique personality. He keeps Taylor and I laughing constantly. I love his cheesy grin...it is priceless.

Thanks daddy for my awesome haircut! You did such a great job. You are the best daddy and I love you soooooooo much!!!

7 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Oh my heck! He is such a cutie! I want to pinch and kiss those chubby cheeks. I just can't get over them. He is starting to turn into a little boy. It's sad but fun when they start to lose that baby look and start turning into a little kid.

Erin said...

ve the new do birthday buddy!!

jana. i can NOT stop thinking about your church experience and i have to keep rubbing my nose cuz it hurts for you.

eve said...

that's a big step! it's bittersweet. good job, though, tay- looks cute!
and that smile of his is just adorable.

Melissa said...

He is so cute!!!!! I want to hang out with you- call me so we can go swimming together.
380-0993

Unknown said...

Oh my heck, what a cutie.

Alanya/Ally said...

Good job on the haircut. You're brave to let your hubby do it. I was nervous to cut my daughter's hair. Bentley's turned out way cute!

Mark and Katie said...

Jana! I love your blog. Your little family is so cute. Okay My blog is really sad! I haven't updated it since Easter. The website is marknkatiebailey.blogspot.com.